Media-amazon.com/images/I/51M4M6nwsbL.jpg” class=”wp_automatic_gallery” />
(as of Mar 22,2023 03:31:00 UTC – Details)
&a>breaks new ground in Game development by bridging the alien worlds of hardware and software together for the first time!
The Black Art of Video Game Console Design is written for the programmer and/or hobbyist interested in software Game development, but also wants to understand the hardware Games are implemented on. This book assumes no prior knowledge of Electrical Engineering or Computer Architecture, but takes you on a breathtaking journey from atomic semiconductor theory to the design and construction of basic video Game consoles that you can build and write your own Games for! Included in the book is the entire design of numerous embedded Game systems including the XGameStation systems and much more.
The Black Art of Video Game Console Design with 800+ pages covers everything you need to know to design your own Game console including:
• Basic atomic physics and semiconductor theory primer.
• Introduction to circuit analysis; current, voltage, and resistance.
• Analog design using discrete components.
• Digital electronics and Boolean algebra.
• Physical hardware construction and prototyping techniques.
• Combinational logic and advanced integrated circuit building blocks.
• Finite state machine design.
• Computer architecture and design.
• Understanding and using microprocessors and microcontrollers.
• Developing software for embedded systems.
• Designing video (NTSC/VGA), audio, and input device systems.
• Interfacing and communications.
• The complete design and discussion of numerous Game systems including the XGameStations!
Register your book at informit.com/register and download the following additional resources (previously on bundled CD):
• PCB and circuit simulation tools.
• All necessary data sheets.
• Demos and source code.
• Complete designs to numerous embedded systems including the XGameStations.
Publisher : Sams Publishing (December 12, 2005)
Language : English
Paperback : 984 pages
ISBN-10 : 0672328208
ISBN-13 : 978-0672328206
Item Weight : 3.51 pounds
Dimensions : 7.5 x 1.95 x 9.05 inches